My Pink

Me

Before

Eat

Hangin'

Feeds

Who?

Merci

My Words


Tuesday, August 22, 2006

a phone call

you called me sister as you held me tight, tighter than you had ever held anyone before that point I assumed.

too tight.

tight into territory marked taboo because my mask did not gel with yours and beating hearts, in unison, entwined in the dance of an embrace that remained as our masks fell, with our bodies,

down,

down,

down into the realm of sleep where bed served as a refuge against the noise that was hollywood outside your door and...

there was safety in your taboo as my beating heart I entrusted to the comfort of your mask while my smashed walls crashed

down,

down,

down into a million little shattered fragments, scattered pieces of illusion in wolf’s clothing miraged as truth that was and is no more,

shattered by the very calmness of your voice, the weight of which leaves me gasping for breath, desperately searching for a way out of the pouncing darkness that envelops me as I attempt to lift my head, to reach out and grab the whizzing black and white memories as they are rushed out of the punctured vacuum of my heart into a world of vivid technicolor dreams called reality,

reality

pouncing past sepia and straight into a new awakening that leaves me a frenzied sunny side up as I am thrust towards a blinding sun, resplandescent in the depths of the mirror that holds the image that is this trembling, bare, crash and burn no longer called expectations but forever renamed

me.

Pink by Miz BoheMia :: 4:22 PM :: 9 pink souls

9 Comments:

At Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRILLIANT, WOMAN!!! Just Brilliant!!!

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006 4:45:00 AM, Blogger G said...

Want you to know that I read, although don't want my comments to get in the way of the poem. Amazing.

 
At Friday, August 25, 2006 7:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very beautiful... and since i know where this comes from, powerful, as well.

you memories have been left shaken, to be sure, but don't let this new truth mar something that was, and should continue to be, meaningful and important to you.

you have a wonderful way with the words, my dear dear friend! i never cease to be amazed by your ability to express yourself in a way that is poetic, poignant and perfect. xox

 
At Saturday, August 26, 2006 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Shayna~ THANK YOU, WOMAN! Thank you!

G~ Thank you and I do love knowing and say what??? Your comments could never get in the way of anything oh fab sister!

Neva~ I am glad that you know where this comes from... it makes your opinion on the piece all the more meaningful and weighty (not that it isn't already!)...

No worries at all... I was trying to capture the moment, or the initial moments at least, of it all sinking in and how I felt without simply saying "Man was I floored!"... but yeah, the beautiful part of it is that my feelings have not changed or budged at all and all is just well although I would love me a talk with him when we meet again to clear it all and have a talk to touch base and reconnect again...

And thank you for your sweet words... your liking this piece means more to me than you would ever know! XOX

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am positive I came here and posted something eons ago.

It was brilliant and beautiful...I probably said it first but blogger likes Shayna better so her comment got posted and mine got trashed along with everything else I had at blogger.

 
At Monday, September 04, 2006 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Minka said...

Nice.....although a bit scary.
I like to be "enveloped" as well...but not all arm offer comfort and understanding...I am glad you found yours in teh end!

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Scary? Ooooweeee! ;-P

Thank you my dear... me too.

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 5:30:00 AM, Blogger {illyria} said...

simply pouring with eloquence and self-realization. brilliant, lovey!

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 5:05:00 AM, Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Thank you oh spinner of magic that you are... thank you...

 

Post a Comment

Back to the pink

-------------------------------------


©2005 MizBoheMia'sRhapsody - All Rights Reserved


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com